Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 Sonata and the alarm seems to be sensitive to the cold. This happened a ton last winter and now it is doing it again. I think my alarm has gone off 20 times tonight. :'(

Is it true that if you lock the car from the inside using the button on the door (rather than on the key fob) that the alarm is not armed? Once the police showed up in the parking lot wondering what was going on, I figured I should try that to get through the night. :eek: It seems like people have had this problem with other models, as well. Is there anything I can do to disable it otherwise?

Thanks in advance for any help!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Most factory car alarms allow you to lock the doors with 1 click on the key fob & 2 clicks to activate the alarm.

·
Registered
860 Posts
obviously i would check the manual before doing this but maybe if the alarm doesnt affect anything else on the car you can remove the fuse! that way you dont have to cut any wires so during the summer you can just replace the fuse and be on your way!?!?:D

·
Registered
6 Posts
your alarm woes

Hey rxreplication, You should look into a Ravelco Anti Theft Device.
It is a great addition to an alarm.
I heard once (not that this is your case) that a guy had a REALLY good alarm and theives came by everynight for a week and bumped his truck to set it off and by the 7th day the owner disabled it to his neighbours request...then it was stolen.
Ravelco Anti Theft Device

1 - 5 of 5 Posts