Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night i loosend one bult on my tranny and this morning i noiced that the cluth would just drop to the floor and it would not go into gear. If i pump the clutch it will go into gear i am guessing that it is the not geting enogth presure so i need to bleed it. Does this sound right? Is it easy can i do it myself?
Also is it safe to drive???

·
Registered
158 Posts
Bleeding the clutch is easy. The bleeder valve is on top of the tranny near the engine. Use a NEW bottle of DOT 3 brake fluid.

It is easier if you have a friend work the clutch but you can get one man bleeder kits, they work for both brake & clutch.

Open the cap to clutch resevior, Loosen the bleeder valve, Pump the clutch, DOT 3 will leak all over so get a towel, All the old fluid will go out,

Leave the valve open, fill Resevior, Pump clutch 3 times, (you DO NOT want to empty the resevior now, Refill Resevior, Pump, Repeat.

I used a bleeder kit, When the clear hose was full of DOT 3 with NO AIR BUBBLES close bleeder valve. Fill resevior again. Put cap on you are done.

MOST Important :: No Air in lines, If you think all the air is out do the pump fill thing one more time.

It took me all of 15 to 20 minutes. 8 minutes was finding right wrench in tool box and jumping in & out of car.

Jeff

1 - 3 of 3 Posts