Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok heres the deal I gotta sell my car to get a truck now. I know I know damn gas guzzler. I just started having a wierd issue with the gas tank and instead of playing dumb and selling as is I''d like to fix it.
the issue is I can olnly pump gas into it a few seconds at a time. I start pumping and then it stops like its full. I wait a few seconds and try again and it stops again, it even makes a sound like its full even when its almost empty? what is this? is there a vent thats blocked or something? help me quick please I gotta sell her.

·
Registered
686 Posts
charcoal canister, register on hmaservice.com and look it up

·
Registered
5 Posts
charcoal canister, register on hmaservice.com and look it up
Exactly what ^^^^^ said. I had to take mine to the dealership twice to get this problem fixed. Hyundai have a tendency to do this they told me. It cost me 300 bucks to get this fixed.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm registered on hma, but can't figure out how the thing works, and when I type in charcoal canister in the search it doesn't bring up anything relative.

where is the canister located? and can it be services, or does it need replacement? I don't want to dump another $300 into it, it just cost me $1500 to get the A/c working again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts