Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 03 Accent hatch, I can't seem to locate the gas filter and replace it, can anyone be of any help? There was also a forum that tells you how to get the most gas mileage out of your car but i cant seem to find it, currently im getting 25 mph in the city. :confused:

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
25mpg in the city is about what I get. 32-33 hwy.

Your fuel filter is on top of your gas tank. Remove the rear seat pad. Locate the service panel, it's about maybe 8" around or so and oddly shaped. Pry it up with a screwdriver or something. Then you'll be able to see the fuel pump and fuel filter through the hole.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, taking off the bolts and such didn't too long and replacing the filter was quite simple, probably would have payed a mechanic $40 for part and labor, Thank you 187sks!

·
Registered
502 Posts
I dont know about paying a mechanic for doing anything like that. its all simple, but the last mechanic I was talking to about the fuel was so definatly sure my car did not have a fuel filter, even his friends were convinced. lol
why do people argue about things they dont know?
yes I did replace the fuel filter myself and yes I did show him after he made a fool of himself.

18 year old: 1 point
profetional mechanic: 0

·
Registered
38 Posts
where are you supposed to get these fuel filters, every place besides the dealer i've looked only has in line filters, and the dealer will be more expensive yes?

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts
if no one else sells it, then yes... you have to get it from the dealer. some parts are just like that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts