1)FMIC

2)38mm tial wastegate (10 psi spring)

3)all couplings and ss hoses

4)Intercooler piping

5)Turbonetics T3/T04e .57 trim turbo

What i need:

1)manifold- getting one custom made

2)management- dont know to go with a greddy e-manage or a safc2 with a avc-r

3) BOV- dont know what type, has to be different, i dont like sounding like other turbo cars.

4)Fuel upgrades

ANY HELP WOULD BE NICE, THANK YOU

[Edited by thegrim on Nov 1, 2005 4:51 PM]

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
As for the bov I love my HKS SSQV. To help make your decision though listen to the different ones here : http://www.935motorsports.com/bovmediaX.htm

As for the turbo I have a t-15 now but am looking around for a t-28 (which would be perfect for my 1.5). Management is totally up to , depends how much boost you plan to run and what kind of setup you are shooting for (track, street, both etc). I am going with the safc v2 and the avc-r controller myself. Though the e-manage would be a nice option it is way out of my price range for sometime.

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
okay, well what type would i need for a bov? i know maf sensored has to be recirculated or something like that. i am map sensored, would that matter to me?

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Im pretty sure with a map your fine to vent to the atmosphere. You still dont want one that leaks at idle though im pretty sure.

·
Registered
846 Posts
what power you after? if big id go gt28. i have a recirc GFB bov. def sounds diiferent.

you had a beta didnt you? why didnt you turbo that? freinds of mine tith beta's (not in accents though) are pulling 210KW @ wheels! plus all the stuff is available for them off the shelf.

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
you do not need to recirculate a map based car. when you say emanage or a pair of safc2, do you mean 2 afc's? i dont think that would accomplish much. if you were wanting to spend that much might as well get emanage. as far as bov, im sure you are only going to get a small variety of different sounds.

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by endlessmike
[body]
you do not need to recirculate a map based car. when you say emanage or a pair of safc2, do you mean 2 afc's? i dont think that would accomplish much. if you were wanting to spend that much might as well get emanage. as far as bov, im sure you are only going to get a small variety of different sounds.
[/body]
ok, so i dont need to recirc. got it. i was saying either an emanage or a safc2 with a avcr (emanage vs safc2/avcr) and for the bov's, i heard one that was on a silvia the other day, and it sounds like a bird chirping sorta. its real high pitched and it lets go two whistles almost. its hard to explain but i want that one.

EDIT- the BOV sound is also on tokyo xtreme racer 2 for dreamcast. it only has one BOV sound and thats the one i'm looking to get.

[Edited by thegrim on Oct 23, 2005 10:35 AM]

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
The sound of your BOV is going to have alot to do with how much boost you're running. More boost (20+ psi) = loud, high pitch. Low boost = lower pitch and more of a "flutter" than a loud "whooosh".

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so the aeromotive wont work with my fuel line. hyundai had to be gay when making the accent and decided to use a hard line all the way from the rail to the tank. so unless i were to re run it with different fuel hose, i need another option for fuel. any ideas?

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Couldnt you just cut it where it goes to the rail and install it there? As for the bov Im pretty sure the one you are speaking of is the hks ssqv. Its a dual stage pull type valve. Its a high pitch almost like a bird chirp. When I ran 5psi it was kinda loud, at 10psi its pretty damn loud (high pitched like a bird too). The second stage of release is more a wooosh sound. I love it.....

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no, cant cut it in before the rail. the installation guide per aeromotive wants it under the car or near the tank. its basically an inline fuel pump with a fmu valve controlled by a device thats a box with dials on it.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Then just cut the line under the car and hook it in between with two sections of some high pressure fuel hose, no biggie.

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
big biggie. i cant be certain that doing that wont cause a leak. putting the new hose over the old and over tightening may collapse the line and cause bigger problems. its all one piece.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
It worked fine with my fuel pressure regulator. Actually it worked with the feed and return line.

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
you have the x3, its different and you already have a return line. i'm working with a lc2 w/out a return line and different fuel rail and hosing altogether.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Maybe Im missing something? Do you have to install a return line with it? Or does it just tap into the existing feed line and thats it? If it just taps into the existing line Im thinking cut the line and install it. My stock return line had a rubber hose that I replaced and extended. The feed line I left alone but took the stock fpr off and cut off the fpr piece to use the bracket in which I JB welded a niple in the bracket and used a piece of hose to run from the rail fitting I made to the rising rate and clamped the lines.

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
dude you can tap into any hard line with brass compression fittings. its not risky business its easy as sh1t.

it cant be a hard line from teh tank to the rail. its a hard line up just past the firewall and then its gotta have a rubber flex up to the fuel rail because the engine vibrates and rocks in its mounts. converting to a return setup is easy anyway but if you have the aeromotive unit thats got its own pump and stuff to regulate pressure just tap it into the line anywhere. again just find the correct fittings for the reg., grab a 6" brake line in the size that you need, snip it in half and get some compression fittings. should cost you like 5 bucks for everything at most, 20oz mountain dew from advanced auto included in the total cost!!!

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well at the firewall, the black which appears to be rubber, has a lining in it. which can be broken indeed, i've broken 2 while doing engine jobs because i forgot to disconnect it. so where can i find these fitting to tap into a hard line?

eidt- just saw advanced autoparts. i'll be stopping by there 2morrow.

[Edited by thegrim on Nov 1, 2005 6:27 PM]

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Compression fittings do work wonders ;):

·
Registered
846 Posts
i have a return line. put a fitting into the other end of the fuel rail and run a line back to the tank. put the fmu in that line.

dont cut the hard plastic fuel line, you will never get a good seal again. i know, a mechanic who took my gearbox out long ago did it to 'save time' and it has nearly burned my car to the ground a few times.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts