Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Facing some problems after installing a stage 2 cam....i dunno if its the cam got problems or my ride needs a piggyback now.... cam is not a regrind...

So far has CEL for misfiring, faulty TPS only at low rev, low speed drive. I am quite confident that the new cam has been set properly, cos I got my friend who's real good at it to do it for me. Custom made a adjustable cam pulley too for the setting.... another thing thats weird is sometimes it just lost power when the engine is hot and running....but in the morning after warm up, it make good power....

I have zeroed down to ignition timing might need some tuning.....that means either MSD DIS2 or a piggyback.... I just need to make sure what I am going to do is right... Anyone can advice here...?

·
Registered
435 Posts
where is this cam from? and those adjustable cam gears are worthless for us. both cams are chained together so your advancing and retarding both of them creating your misfire and cel's. adjust you cam sproket back to stock position and you should be good, then get back to us wiht your results

·
Registered
127 Posts
i would have to agree and disagree cause ya cam gear wont do much but same token it will if you decide to put a little more money into the car. get some intake cam sprokets (which come in a pair) which will solve the advancing/retarding of one cam gear but other than that his point is pretty well said.

·
Registered
435 Posts
dude what? have you opened up our motor? both cams are chained together in time so if you advance one, you advance the other. we only have one cam sprocket so having extra means you'll have one on the car and the others in the glove box.... unless you got access to a cnc machine to make a custom on-off adjustable rear gear for the other side if the cam then that adustable cam gear is worthless.... and even if you could come up wiht such a part, it would be a giant pain in the ass to adjust the timing of the cam, and thats just the exhaust cam... you still have no intake cam control, unless you make cnc another adjustable gear for the intake, which then you woul have to worry about tricking the cam sensor....

Cliff notes....
return the cam gear back to stock timing, put stock cam gear back on, sell the aftermarket one to some sap who just wants bling.....

·
Registered
127 Posts
have ever pulled the valve cover off. ya u got your exhaust cam then u also have a pair of intake sprockets you can get intake sprockets that are fully adjustible if u know anything about tuning that will help you get around with only having one adjustible exhaust cam. stop getting so deffensive lol i said u were right but i also put up a wa to get around that, your kinda sounding like the little honda boys in town where i live that argue that v-tech is goddly and v-tech is shitty lol

·
Registered
435 Posts
my bad, i read what u said wronf, i was lookin at it like you had several sprockets on a cam lol.... anyway, where have you seen these adjustable sprockets? any links?

·
Registered
127 Posts
the site that i had is out of buisness but i know where to find some for the 2.0 sence im going to do a beta 2 swap it works with me but i dunno about finding them for the 1.6 i was about to buy them before i hit a deer with my accent last year june 15th at 2:17 am lol sence my accent is still down im putting a beta 2 and im gonna build that.

·
Registered
435 Posts
wel if u know where to get them for beta post a link, maybe this is a rare interchangable part (yea right but its worth a shot) or ask that company what it would take

1 - 9 of 9 Posts