Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey, I have a question for any of you guys with a Beta swapped Accent. There is this oil temp sensor we need for it, but the one I got for an elantra beta2 engine didn't fit. The hole was too small for the sensor to fit in. I asked a friend who works for hyundai to get an accent one since we thought if the elantra one didn't work, then it has to be for the accent. My friend just called me and said that there are no oil temp sensors for the Accents and only for the betas. So i just want to ask, what oil temp sensors did you use?

I also have another question with those beta swapped accents with tib tranny's. What slave cylinder line did you guys use and if you remember, do you have the part number or diagram to show me? I used webtech but it didn't really help with the part number.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
well they don't have oil temp sensors but they have oil pressure sensors. and im pretty sure that either pressure sensor can be used.

as for the slave cylinder, just take it to napa or some auto parts store and get the shortest piece of brake line and it takes a couple adapters and get a tubing bender for it. i believe it was 3/16" brake line but thats a complete guess.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, so should I try to get a oil pressure sensor instead?

I was thinking of going that route too since it sounds like a better way to be sure it fits.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Cool..got it.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
My beta tranny slave cylinder hooked right up to my Accent's system with no modification whats so ever.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
hey drerob, is the 1.6L auto axle shorter??? I'm about to swap to the beta tranny with beta engine combo, just wondering the real scoop on the axles. I think the junkyard gave me a 1.5 auto axle, as it is the same size as the 1.6 manual axle.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
The 1.6L auto axle on the driver side is shorter then the 1.5L manual axle. If you were to stand these 2 axles on there ends and compare them they would be the same exact length overall. If you look closer at them then you will notice the section that inputs into the tranny is 1/2 inch longer on the 1.6L. So with that said when it goes into the tranny it goes in 1/2 deeper thus making whats left of the axle 1/2 inch shorter.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have another question, if you have a 1.6 TCU that was originally from a Auto, would I get a CEL? Do i just need to get a 1.6L TCU for a manual tranny to get rid of the CEL?

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
I think you mean ecm(engine control module) and if its an auto ecm then it will be looking for communication from the tcm (tranny control module) and it will throw a cel.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So i would need an ECM for a manual tranny to make it have no CEL? I have a manual ECU somewhere...hope that would work.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
That will take care of the cel being thrown for no tcm. You may have other cel issues to deal with. If you do, scan them, they will lead you towards the next thing that needs attention.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts