Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yesterday i took it for diagnostics because of the check engine light. the p1128 code showed up. "Fuel Trim Lean Under Load". has anyone had this problem? i have checked online about the code. my acceleration is poor, my gas seems to get eaten up quickly, and on the freeway my RPMs rev at high speeds. need help ASAP

·
Registered
715 Posts
Replace the MAF I've had that on 2 accents and this fixed it both times.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Dubt it the 2000 Accents had a TSB for faulty MAFS with that code. I replaced it on the wife's Accent and her sisters accent both were fixed as the TSB said it would....

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
haha thanks alot man. im going to purchase one off of ebay since its cheaper. the dealer down here in hawaii told me to replace that is $300.40.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dubt it the 2000 Accents had a TSB for faulty MAFS with that code. I replaced it on the wife's Accent and her sisters accent both were fixed as the TSB said it would....

do you know if this is easy to install? are there chances if its installed i still might have the safe defects?

thanks

·
Registered
715 Posts
Hard to install not at all. Takes 5 minutes there are 2 clamps and 1 wiring connector if it was a wiring connector that was loose it actually give 3 codes so I doubt ithere is anyother issues besides the MAF not reading correctly. As for the MAF being $300 thats about what I paid both times. Theor the only parts I've had to put on either of those cars besides consumables like brakes and such or Maintanence stuff like timing belt/waterpump etc... None of the accents (All 3) have never left the girls or I stranded damn reliable...

·
Registered
147 Posts
hey.. my accent did that to it was a bad flex pipe.... causing the o2 sensors to go crazy get ur exhaust checked out before u buy a new intake sensor i almost did the same thing

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
is a scan able to tell if the flex pipe if good or bad? are you able to check it yourself easily?

·
Registered
686 Posts
you'd be able to hear the leak when you rev it, i heard it when mine leaked

·
Registered
43 Posts
the engine would be louder than before... i had a bad flex pipe....sounded annoying other cars though i would rev up to them....

·
Registered
147 Posts
usually its not the pipe it self but the 2 connecting its has to the exhaust manifold pipe and the rest of the exhaust if u look under ur car theres a small peice of pipe with like silver swirls wrapped look on it put ur hand by it with ur car running by the 2 ends of it and if u feel air pumping out in small or large quanties then go to a muffler shop and get it fixed

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
so i should check that out first before purchasing another maf? you think if i got to an exaust shop they would check for leaks?

·
Registered
686 Posts
hyundai's are good at universal codes, my maf went out and all it said was a/f ratio was off, we tried the o2 sensors, we tried switching the cat, we tried 3 used maf's none of those worked, then tried 1 barley used maf and bingo, i can go past 75mph now lol.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
well i just got back from midas to have my exhaust checked out for leaks. they said everythings seems to be working fine with the exhaust. good thing it was free for an inspection. guess now im on my way to purchasing a new maf sensor.

·
Registered
354 Posts
with your maf if you want to try something you could buy some electronic parts cleaner...they sell it at napa and stores like that its in a airsol can and just spray it in the sensor and let it dry...take ur neg battery terminal off first though and put it back on when your done

1 - 20 of 22 Posts