Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rotors gt very rusted after I left the car for a month when I was travelling. Then I wore off part of the rust just using them but since they kept making noise I took them to a shop. They told me I need to change them because they can't be resurfaced since they have around 10,000 miles more on them and if they are resurfaced they will become too thin.
I'm going to change them in the summer but I thought about sanding the rust until I can have time to do the job. I want to take out some crust that apparently is making noise when I drive the car.
Do you think is a good idea?
If so, can I use sand paper? What kind? I want to keep them a few more month until I have time, money and change them after doing some research on aftermarket rotors.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
In my opinion man, I would just by stock rotors and change them now. That is not a part of the car you really want to mess with. If they are really rusted, just change them. IF you do it yourself, it will cost next to nothing (they are like 35 CDN each) and can save yours and possibly someone elses life my good man. But, that is just my opinion..

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I want to change them myself as soon as possible. The thing is that if I do it myself is very cheap, but they want to charge me about $180 for each pair if I take them somewhere else.
And I'm a SouthAmerican living in Ohio, I just can't be working in the car a few hours until it gets wormer here. Way too cold for me.
:??:

[Edited by tibulucas on Feb 16, 2006 4:30 PM]

·
Registered
9,188 Posts
Just keep driving, the rust will wear off. I have to deal with that every year after removing my car from storage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts