Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an safc2 and It doesnt read my throttle position very well!
it shows 0% all the time unless I floor it then it reads 100% but it wont read anywhere in between 0-100% it just reads 100 when i punch it
I also need help with my air/fuel ratio gauge it dont read the right ratio I dont think!
cause when I adjust my safc2 the a/f ratio on the gauge doesnt change and I have changed the settings dramatically, I've tried wiring it straight to the ecu, and the 02 sensor and it still wont read correctly! where should I wire it to? is the gauge broken?
what are some good settings for my safc2
I have a CAI, full 2.5 inch exhaust, spark plug cables, and no power stearing I am going turbo soon so I need to figure out these problems I have
thank you for your time!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
If your gauge is hooked up to your stock O2 sensor, It is not going to be accurate.

Also, If you safc is not reading the throttle, it is not going to cahnge any settings.

Check your tap on the tps wire. Check you TPS, is it a Dae Sung tps?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what is a dae sung tps
so what should I do about wiring my Gauge?
the throttle reads at 100% but it doesnt read anywhere else and when I'm just cruising and I give it a little more throttle it reads for a second then it goes back to 0
it changes the settings though so it is getting some kind of signal

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Im not sure about the apexi safc on setting it up. Dont you have to tell it what the throttle position is? My apexi avcr under etc menu for options says tps and has a arrow. The arrow needs to be pointing in towards the top right to tell it which tps you have.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Exactly, Do u have a simple A/F monitor? IS it wired to the stock o2 sensor? Dude, get an AEM Wideband UEGO or the FJO Wideband AFR System ... they sell it here for a couple of hundred bucks...:hmmm: But for your SAFC problem it looks like it has something to do with the TPS setting...or :puzzled:who knows...a faulty TPS?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts