Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read some of the instructions people posted, but I'm stuck because I cant get the HVAC controls to disconnect from the console. That's the only thing thats holding it in. I disconnected all the cables from down low and behind the glove box, and unscrewed the 2 screws behind the cup holder. I undid all the wires from the back of the console, but now it's held on there by the HVAC controls and the cables. I tried removing all the screws, but there are 2 that are just too hard to get to. Is there an easier way to remove the cables from the controls???

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
124 Posts
down below, make sure you pop the round ends off the controls and pop the cable itself out of the clips, same goes for the one behind the glovebox. now behid the hvac panel, press down on the harnes clips and un plug the wire harness, same for the clock. then it should just all pull right out, cables and all... sometime the cables like to get stuck on stuff down behind the dash, wiggle them a bit and they should slide right out. oh and to pull that whole panel out, you only need to remove those 2 screws from the cup holders, no need to take any others out untill you have the whole pannel pulled from the dash. hope this helps

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
woo hoo. Thanks for the help. My problem was that I hadnt released the cabled from the clips after popping them off the nubs. I got the stereo installed, and everything put back together. Then I realized that I had forgotten to plug in the antenna wire or plug in the fan control. Oops. Second try I got it right... but then the cables for the HVAC weren't working right. Eventually i got it figured out. You have to move the controls all the way to 1 side before clipping them in, or else they won't be calibrated right.

Also, even though I didn't install my amp today, I hooked up the RCAs and remote wire and stuck em out the back. That way I wouldnt have to take the whole damn thing apart again next weekend LOL. I ended up running them to the trunk, it took about 5 minutes. Very easy! Hopefully running the power wire won't be much harder!

·
Registered
124 Posts
good to see ya figured it out and that i can finally be of some help to someone on here as so many guys and gals on here have helped me out unknowenly. lol thanks everyone. I'm new to this accent thing too actually, only had my 2004 for about 4 or 5 months, but thanks to my old neons, i have plenty of experiance tearing the dash apert for stereo and alarms and car startes and all that fun stuff. anyways, once agan, glad i could help.... oh and remember, when you run your power wire for the amp(s), run it away from your rca cables to help eliminate interfearance. hope you run a small lenght of wire out the back for the remoteline to the amp from your deck, or your gonna be left poping the deck back out to hook that up...lol good luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advice, but I am actually pretty experienced with car audio. I was just having a b*tch of a time getting that dash apart. I did run RCAs and remote wire out the back of the dash, and was gonna leave it there until I installed the rest of the power wires (planning on running them on seperate sides). I ended up just running the RCA and remote wire to the trunk within 5 minutes. Very EASY LOL. I wish running th power wire was going to be that easy....

I ordered a 4g power kit, 12" kicker L7 (the square speaker), in a 2.6 cu ft vented box, and a D2400 (800 true RMS) at 2 ohms to run it. IT SHOULD FRIGGIN POUND! Also I'm putting 6 1/2" MB Quart in the rear, and some MB quart (cheaper model tho) 5 1/4s in the front. Should sound good!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts