Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 1.6 tiburon.
What can be done with it except engine swap????

[Edited by DAIM on Nov 25, 2005 7:31 AM]

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
I'm assuming he wants to do performance upgrades, since he doesn't want to swap an engine.

He probably wants help with aftermarket products, wondering if 1.8 or 2.0 parts will be safe to use on his 1.6.

DAIM, are you the guy from Europe that recently posted on RDTiburon.com?

[Edited by majikTib on Nov 25, 2005 12:01 AM]

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes im from Europe, but this is my only post.
And by what can i do i mean what tuning upgrades is safe on this car.

[Edited by DAIM on Nov 25, 2005 2:15 AM]

·
Registered
481 Posts
you can find a good but cheap intake on ebay. get headers and do a custom exhaust. No cat and no resonators free flow. Stock hyundai scoupe turbo (T15) Tib injectors and throttle body, reduce a little weight as far as windows and carbon fiber hood. (safe)50- shot of NOS.Wet shot dont bother with a dry system.theres alot you can do it just takes money and a good mechanic. good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
w/e u do dont put a body kit on it.... build it right do the suspension first.... a good set of ground control or teins should do the trick.... a decent short ram intake, if ur car is a standard then get 4-1 headers if u have an auto then go 4-2-1 headers..... an apexi SAFC II computer will help alot.....cat back exhaust its up 2 u if u want a cat.... light wieghts pulleys,.... throtle body....and a nice big set of cams......its expensive but all so worth it. on another suspension note sway bars are a good idea 2....

happy tuneing
-matt-

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I alredy have a cold air intake on it and i wil be getting a custom made exhaust and headers pretty soon. Can you tell me where i can get a hold of the throttle body and the other stuff i need ? I know i wil be gettig a turbo on it some time, but is it safe to put a turbo on a 1.6l engine?

[Edited by DAIM on Nov 26, 2005 9:35 AM]

·
Registered
2 Posts
what in the hell does the fact of being auto or manual relate to what kind of header design you choose?

·
Registered
315 Posts
About the headers there was something written about header type and which it applies to better. I think it said that 4-2-1 for auto because it gives you more torque on the lower rpms which autos lack unlike manuals. While the 4-1 gives you more torque on the higher rpms. Something like that. BTW a 1.6 tib engine does it have any similarities with accent 1.6? I know those engines were used on older tibs or elantra but he has a 2000tib fx.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts