Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am looking to start doing some work to my car but my knowledge is little. i have only done routine maintenance to any car, and only as far as fluid changes and brakes. i want to start making my car car faster but don't know where to start, or even where to start looking. i have a stock 2002 hyundai elantra. pls, any suggestions will be appreciated.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Well...

How much money are you looking to spend?

How much faster do you want your car?

Just by what you were describing, I'd say, "Slap a Turbo on that bitch" but I don't think you're experienced enough, or would like to dedicate that much money into a car. Look mainly into the top 3 bolt-ons. I/H/E (Intake/Header/Exhaust)

Howie~

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well, i was thinking...

i found a 2000 s2000 engine. i was thinking of starting by fabricating my car to fit this engine inside of it. both are 2.0 four cylinders. the engine is complete with tranny. the only thing im real concerned with in this engine is that mine is an automatic. i;m not sure just how much fabricating their would be. money is not too much of an issue. i'm military and all the tools i would need and the garage space are readily available in the auto-hobby shops, and there are certified technicians there that will help you with ANYTHING.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Why would you want to straighten out your H? HAHA! If my sig wasnt full, somebody better steal that! Stick a turbo on the car man, low boost fun street setup!

·
Registered
686 Posts
its kinda been in my sig for a few months :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts