Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MY MAF SENSOR JUST CAME INTO THE MAIL TODAY. IT LOOKS PRETTY EASY TO INSTALL SO I FIGURE I TRY IT OUT. I GOT A 2000 HYUNDAI ACCENT. DOES ANYBODY KNOW A LINK OF STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS IN INTSALLING THE MAF SENSOR INCLUDING THE LOCATION ITS IN?

tHANKS

·
Registered
332 Posts
MY MAF SENSOR JUST CAME INTO THE MAIL TODAY. IT LOOKS PRETTY EASY TO INSTALL SO I FIGURE I TRY IT OUT. I GOT A 2000 HYUNDAI ACCENT. DOES ANYBODY KNOW A LINK OF STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS IN INTSALLING THE MAF SENSOR INCLUDING THE LOCATION ITS IN?

tHANKS
ok here we go

first unplug the sensor wiring harness

second remove the clips holding the air filter cover to the air box

third get a straight head screwdriver and loosen the hose clamps on both sides of the sensor

fourth remove air filter side of snorkle tubing set up out of way

fifth remove MAF sensor & housing

sixth install new sensor & housing

seventh reinstall air cleaner snorkle

eighth tighten both hose clamps to MAF sensor housing

ninth reinstall air filter housing cover

tenth reinstall MAF sensor plug

eleventh start vehicle and hope that was the problem

·
Registered
686 Posts
sixth - make sure you have the arrow pointing the correct direction of airflow.

·
Registered
354 Posts
what was your car doing that you think you need a maf anyways? i ran my car with no maf for a few months with no problems except a cel

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the help guys. i changed it today(pretty easy thanks to the provided steps). but seems like that wasn't the problem. i took my old maf sensor and it looked exactly the same as my new one(no dirt/oil particals inside at all). what would the second thing to look at for these symptoms?

Thanks

·
Registered
106 Posts
what was your car doing that you think you need a maf anyways? i ran my car with no maf for a few months with no problems except a cel
???????

I think I took mine once an diddnt even make it out of the driveway before it died.

do LCs even have MAF sensors?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts