Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am getting a new front bumper, hood, and grill thanks to an accident I had and I'm thinking of painting the center part of the hood flat black as well as the grill. I'm not sure if it will look good or how far I should go down onto the front bumper. I saw a pic of an soldier with a silver 3-door a week ago on the site with a similiar set-up but can't find it again. Give me your opinions ASAP before the shop guy starts working on it. Thanks everyone!

Attachments

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
Just the hood? Nope. Hood, roof and hatch maybe.

·
Registered
106 Posts
it looks like it has a goatee :)

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
You gotta to it from front all the way to the back of the car. Otherwise it looks like you want a CF hood but you're just too cheap to buy a real CF hood.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I don't like the paint on the bumper and I would stay away from the racing stripe things. I think it would also look better if it was also on the roof and hatch as i8acobra said. If you had an old muscle car that you ran on the track i would be cool with just a flat black hood, but not on a subcompact.

just my opinion

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
I'm not loving the designs, out of those I would pick the one that runs all the way down the front bumper.

It'll look like crash repair if it's done in flat black. I suggest gloss black, or at least a clearcoated flat for a satin look.

If you do the hood like that, do the roof between the body seams also and figure something out for the hatch or it'll look like you started the project and never finished it.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
Much better.

·
Registered
686 Posts
when u get it painted, post up pics, and tits or gtfo ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts