Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a new 50 state legal turbo kit that boasts a 60per hp increase. Edelbrock makes it but only for the civic. What are the major dif. between the B16 and the G4GF? Can any of the parts be interchanged or am I waising my time dreaming?

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
No point...

The manifold and all of the piping won't work. Better off buying a kit for your car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, I figured as much. I knew a California smog legal turbo kit was too good to be true. Does anyone know someone at edelbrock? Someone needs to tell them to make a kit for the G4GF. It is just too much to take it all off when smog time comes around. Oh, just in case folks need a decent cite to find stuff I just found fasthyundai.com, some cool stuff there. I found better stuff then sharkracing has to offer.

·
Registered
159 Posts
what makes you think that turbos make you non smog legal. as long as you run a cat within a foot after the flex pipe you should be more than sufficient to be smog legal. we had that problem in my friends integra, but he wasnt running any kind of cat, we picked up a high flow magnaflow cat and put in about 6 inches after his flex pipe and it worked perfect, also fixed the cel 02 sensor light he had.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea but how does that pass visual? Wait, were are you getting that thing smogged? I gotta go there. Naw I am really trying to figure the thing out but it's that dang sticker I can't get my hands on. One more question. I know I will pass the numbers. I got a band new motor and passed the #'s with no cat, but the visual is were I got rapped. Is it legal in Cali to turbo as long as it throws a good #?

·
Registered
159 Posts
idk about cali but in nj its fine to have a turbo car. and in cali it should be too, plenty of factory cars are stock turbo like the genesis and saab's turbos shouldn't be a factor. and if you keep having a problem f the dmv and go a state inspection facility and slip the guy a 50 and you should be good on visual, thats what we did, but the guy was my other friends dad so we didnt even need to pay him.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Horry ****. You are the man. That is exactally what I was thinking about doing. Either that or find some hole in the wall smog shop that is willing to take the money and say F it. HaHa. I have pretty much all the essentials to do the job but was worried about some HP that knows what he's looking at. However, I have been looking under the hood of this thing and have found plenty of places to hide it all. TRUE SLEEPER. Unless you really knoe what your lookin at. Correct me if I am wrong but I have heard that without replacing the innards I could run around 8 pounds and keep the longevity of the motor. Just an uneducated guess. That would put me about 45+hp.

·
Registered
159 Posts
yea 8 pounds is a decent number with stock internals, as long as you keep your afr inline it should be time. dont use a fpr but rather a piggyback, like a greddy emanage or safc. i hope your running one or your bound to go boom.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea, I was looking into megasquirt and a few others. Ilike the mega cause the system I found will let me remap just about everything but I haven't decided and am not partial to looking harder. i really want to get the best bang for my buck. Do you know were I can find some preprogramed curves or should I do it myself, or take it into a shop?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts