Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have come to the realization that I am going to need some new rubber for the old Tiburon...

I have one tire in mind and was wondering what others thought or if they have any suggestions. Bear in mind I won't be getting a top of the line tire to keep costs down.

Have a look at this one.

Kumho Ecsta SPT (KU31)

Features:
  • Asymmetric groove design for high speed stability.
  • Silica compounding assures maximum grip and wet hydroplaning resistance.
  • High tensile steel belt and jointless nylon full cap ply ensure smooth ride and precise handling.
  • Rim protector

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
The tire I have on now are pretty good and I got them for like 62 a pop at tire rack.
BFGoodrich g-Force Sport
20,000 miles plus and still have some life left in them, only complaint they are not that great if it less than 45ºf out side. I liked them better than Falken zx 512's.

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
I just put on Proxes 4 high performance all seasons and went on a several hundred mile trip including 125 mph runs dry at 75 degrees out, 20 mph curves with literally record breaking rainfall, and even a half inch of new snow. Handled everything well. I couldn't be happier with the tires.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am looking for a good performance summer tire that handles really well. I will likely be running these in Solo 2 racing until I can afford to get a dedicated set of 710's on 15" rims.

I have read a lot of good things about these tires and am leaning this way...

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
the dunlop direzza's seem like a good summer tire for the price..

i know kumho and hankook are cheap but u want high grip tires..

they're about $60 a piece at discounttire.com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts