Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the video to show the headers up close and personal. Great growl to em too! HEADERS VIDEO (37MB).
They sound mean as hell. I took a video clip of them, and I cant find the wire to connect my camcorder to the Laptop, so it'll have to wait. I snapped some pics installed on a 1st Gen (with GK exhaust setup). Since it fits this, and I pulled the OEM GK manifold to swap with the Equal Length Header, they should bolt right up to the GK when we get one in the shop for test fitting. Any takers on that?
Here's the pics:

These are a perfect compiment for our Evo Hoods for the 1st and 2nd Gens (96-99, 00-01). With a set of Samco Sport Hoses this would look insane through the vents.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

So yeah, screw Hotshot, these will end up costing you guys much less. I'm stoked on the look, and I'm testing them on my 97, and on an 07 or 08 if I can get ahold of one. I need a beta powered socal member to come by the shop to test these headers out. We just want to install them, film it, and take them back off. For the GK these replace the header/Cat combo, and bolt up in the exact place as OEM.
For the RDs we'll need to have the OEM flex pipe extended just a bit so that they meet the bottom flange from the header. Any shop could do this for less than 100 even in the worst case. I'd be people would do the pipe for you for around 30-40 bucks for a whole 20 minutes worth of work. I want these to cost around 300 bucks guys. I'll post pricing when i know for sure, and how many I'll have on hand. I want to sell 100 units, :) and the GK buyers should really put a dent into that number.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
it's a beautiful f1 style header!!

but how's the price and the horsepower gains?

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Price should be about 300 a set, which comes with a gasket, and gains should prove at least 9 lbs. of torque with about the same WHP gains, based off my dyno from the original design. I'll get the car on the dyno at APE Motors (where the 10.7 sec Tiburon lives) and see whats up ;)

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
What is the diameter of the tubes and what is the collector's diameter?

They sound alot better than the ssauto chrome 4-2-1. Better sounding pulse. You should convince them to make headers that are extra long 4-2 or 4-2-1 connecting cylinder exhaust ports 1&3 and 2&4... Make the car sound like it is a flat 4.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
my manufacturer is making me 200 sets, and I'll have my cost per unit in the next day or so. Then they'll be available through FlyRyde.com which is currently being updated to our new software on our new server. I'll set something up though the day we start taking payments. Keep patient, cause when I say they're for sale, I'll have enough for everyone! Figure 300 bucks or so :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
These are what I have been looking for someone to make and offer in the states. Awesome.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Yea.. did these headers ever get made and sold? Seems too good to be true, they are very attractive, the kind of header and deal that makes me really want to just keep the car N/A and really do that up rather than turbo in the future!

·
Registered
96 Posts
No, this header never did get made. It's actually not "too good to be true." Making an equal length manifold/header over anything just thrown together will make a larger gain. It also just takes a little more thinking out and planning when putting the manifold together. The construction of it should not be any more difficult.

I'm bummed they never made this though. :(

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
oh, I didn't mean the header idea itself, I just mean someone producing this particular header for the price and me being able to buy it.. being too good to be true.

I have seen a two-piece equal-length (I believe it is a "GT") header that SFR sells.. Interesting to look at as well.. but I like it better as one piece (even if there is no effect on functionality) and this one just looks sexy.

When performance, quality, price and sound are somewhat negligible from one compared to the next, it comes down to what grabs you and really makes you want something, you know? Rather than just buying a performance part to upgrade your car's performance.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts