Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello i have a 97 hyundai accent, 2 door, I just got 17 inch wheels installed ( 205/40/17) but i get rubbing on the back, and when turning also rubs in the front, Any ideas of what i can do to prevent this, I have seen 17inch on these cars before with no trouble, Any help will do. thanks,

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also since i wont be able to drop it any more do you guys know where i can get better springs, thank you in advance

·
Registered
95 Posts
205 are to big for x3.
You need:
1. 195 r15 or 195 r16
2. rims with et46 6' inch wide
3.roll you fender lips

·
Registered
344 Posts
I have 17x7 Konig Traffiks w/ 205 40 17's. I also have H&R springs. Rear: I shaved some of the lip but recommend you roll it using a roller tool you can rent at Pboys or simmilar, I believe. Front: I shaved some of the plastic liner off using a dremel. Look around for rubbing marks and work it. Good luck :)

·
Registered
631 Posts
I have very wide 205/50r15s on 15x7 Rotas on my X3, and my car is very, very low. It can be done. You just have to see where it's rubbing, and make fixes. I had to roll my fender lips and install a small spacer in the rear. Alignment makes a difference as well.

[Edited by Gimp on Mar 5, 2006 9:41 AM]

·
Registered
453 Posts
with a 205 width tire the aspect ratio of 40 is too much sidewall on a 17" rim, if u can find them try 30 profile tires, and BTW, if you rub now, when you lower the car on just springs, then you'll REALLY rub, see if you can get a camber kit if the rubbing is only on the outside, that might fix your problem right there...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks I will try to do that, i will be posting pictures soon so everyone can see them, im also trying to figure out how to make an CAI.

·
Registered
453 Posts
You can roll your fenderlips with a wood baseball bat. worked for me;):

·
Registered
253 Posts
HEy if one of you guys wants to do a diy on fender rolls that would be cool for us that dont know how ps what is the largest size 16"'s i can fit on my whip ne one know?

:ermm:

·
Registered
6 Posts
In the latest issue of Super Street (April 06), there is a how to article on rolling your fenders. The article is in the how2 section on page 158. The article describes the two methods of fender rolling, the first being the proper method using a fender roller tool, and the second being the ghetto DIY method using a wooden baseball bat. The article is a step-by-step guide complete with pictures.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Originally posted by varial03
[body]
In the latest issue of Super Street (April 06), there is a how to article on rolling your fenders. The article is in the how2 section on page 158. The article describes the two methods of fender rolling, the first being the proper method using a fender roller tool, and the second being the ghetto DIY method using a wooden baseball bat. The article is a step-by-step guide complete with pictures.
[/body]
lol i was trying to remember where i saw that. thanks for the reminder :) of all the tools in my garage other than myself, there is not a bat in sight. you guys with kids who love baseball are lucky here.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts