Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys. im new to this and only 16 :) but thought id ask some advice.
my mum and dad brought me a used, done up 1998 Hyundi Excel and i havnt had any problems for the entire 4 months ive owned it even though im only on my l's - p's soon, i have been driving it alot.
i recently got in it to go for a drive to pick up my new number plates when it started to kind of "miss gears" or something.

when i go to accelerate from 1st gear to 2nd, there is no power and the car kind of jerks/shakes and because it doesnt have very much power, it makes me have to quickly change gears when i usually wouldnt. i took it to a mechanic and he said that it may be the leads or sparke plug :confused: i have a sports exhaust on it, and when i drive it now it does not sound normal at all.

i know this description may sound confusing , but any advice would be great :D
i just want my baby fixed =)

love, manda.xox

·
Registered
6 Posts
i would start with the simple stuff. plugs & wires, maybe clean the air filer, etc. these are things you can do yourself and don't require any sophisticated tools. always a good a idea to post your mechanic's findings on here so someone can give you an idea on wether or not it's bs. no offense to your mechanic.:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts