Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here are some action shots of the x3 from this weekend
it is naturally aspirated again so no front mount. It is still a lot of fun to drive and much more reliable. I'll try to get some detail shots of the new setup later. enjoy these for now.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
here is an old one from last year with gimp's old srt4

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
Very nice! I like the looks of the course. Looks like a fun one!

So...suspension wise what's done to the X3? It's lowered obviously, but it looks like there's still substantial body roll. Despite the body roll it appears that you're keeping a good contact patch all around, at least MUCH better than I did in my LC2. Pictures don't say much about the forces at work but I'm betting you were pulling a lot more lateral G force than I was too.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
old worn out ksports with the 7kg/4kg springs
full yaya bushing kit(front control arm bushings, all rear spindle and link bushings)
factory front sway bar yaya bushings
psc 19mm adjustable rear bar at full stiff
front and rear evofusion bars
15x7 rota gt3s with 205/50/15 kumho v710(35psi front/30psi rear at cumberland this weekend)

and a mild race alignment between 3-3.5 degrees in the front and between 2.25-2.5 degrees in the rear zero toe front and rear, factory caster(non adjustable anyway)

the alignment is a little wonky because I tried to get the most negative camber the ksports would allow and just got the alignment shop to set the toe back to zero. A little less front camber would allow me to put power down better as well as brake a little better but until I get my new camber/ caster gauge it will have to do. If I didn't have to drive to events i'd like to run some toe out in the front for better turn in because now it has a little dead spot before it really bites. The car does have some body roll still but I think I could cure it with some higher spring rates but I don't think the ksports have the range of dampening to support much more spring. Right now its very neutral and gets a little tail happy in transitions, tight stuff is still mostly understeer but that is the case in practically all cars. if you got anymore questions ask away.

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
Thanks a lot, that info is very useful. :)

I have heard the Ksports are good for 9kg springs, but they tend to need rebuilt fairly often with 7kg springs so I don't know about the validity of that statement.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts