Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am still trying to sale the accent but went ahead and got a new car. Its a yellow 2003.5 MazdaSpeed Protege 2.0L DOHC Turbocharged sedan. This thing gets major ass and like it a lot better than the accent for sure. Picked it up for $10,000 from a Honda dealership in Fairfax, VA. The handling on corners is just awesome. You will notice the a sexy silver car next to my new one, hehe.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Your Accent looks better but then I'm comparing stock vs. modified.

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
i've always wanted a mazdaspeed protege. but when they first came out I already had an accent. now i cant find any in good condition to even consider buying.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
Ben should know that the reason the mazda handles better is because of 17's and stiffer sway Bars from the factory

his accent's on 15's and no upgraded sway bar..

15-17's there's a clear difference.

Congrats on your car ben, plan on changing those tires soon because they have lousy treadwear..

·
Registered
737 Posts
good choice ben, now get yourself some nice wheels for daily driving and throw some r-comps on that sonuva and come autoxing with us. The mazdaspeeds don't do to bad in d stock. You made a good choice by getting one of the best handling stock front wheel drive cars ever.

And tak it handles so good because of the proteges handled well normally and then you add in the suspension tuning of racing beat and mazdaspeed and your bound to have a kickass recipe. Tires and sway bars help but my accent would have a hard time out handling a stock msp.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
true..car and driver did a comparo of 13 or 15 compact cars back a few years back..

The elantra was 3rd place and was praised for it's NICE Factor but was a tipid in the high speed cornering

the mazda protege EX was first place for it's driving dynamics and driver feel..

I did a rotation on one once and i noticed the stock blue tokico strut's, big fat red sway bars' in the front and rear with lightweight wheels but for some reason, i had to remove every centercap by unscrewing the allen screws which were a pita.

sure we can bolt on fat 17's with sticky rubber and slap on coilovers and a nice sway bar but without proper tuning..it's not much of a track worthy car

·
Registered
737 Posts
d stock baby d stock

all you need is r-comps and the thing is a beast
you even have 17x7 inch wheels to work with some 225s if you can fit them would be all that you need.
there is no need to tune when a mazda tuner already did the work for you.

I got my ass whooped by a d stock msp yesterday

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
my friend had one when they first came out, used to have alot of fuel cut issues, they had 2 reflash the ecu and still had issues, but he said the handling kicked ass

1 - 9 of 9 Posts