Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there people. Just informing you's of the new goodies that are now installed :D

I now have a HD organic clutch installed (Purchased from Bretton :D) Thanks a bunch for that Bretton. It goes like a dream now.

Nice new bigger injectors also were installed along with a mechanical boost controller.

We upped the boost to 9 psi last night. it only pulled 102.4 kw at the wheels. but the boost is sssooooooo much more noticable. :D:D apparently it isnt getting enough air now to get more power from it so another purchase will be made soon to fix that prob. :)

I must thank Di for her time once again in this latest addition. :D:D She has been great with everything. and this has been no exception.

Thanks goes to bretton with the help in getting the clutch for me. much appreciated.
Hopefully a quicker 1/4 mile time is in order now.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Good stuff mate, you should easily catch my 115kw and pass it with a little more boost (mine dyno was at 1bar/14.7psi)

I am also needing a new turbo, my drops boost like crazy in higher revs, so bigger turbo here i come :)

Have you done anything with your radiator or engine mounts?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nah, nothing has been done with the radiator or engine mounts. still as they were the day i bought it. :D .

hopefully i will get that power figure soon. but i think im gunna have to draw a line somewhere before i start spending crazy money on it. im almost to the point not where i wont want to go too much further. but still...... there IS still a few things on my "To Get" list. =]

·
Registered
278 Posts
some freak. did you mean that engine mounts need to be modified to cope with extra torque? i gave a broken gearbox mount and am wondering how it hapeened?

·
Registered
280 Posts
good to hear man!

havent seen your car for a loooooooong time

my car just came back from PSC too from getting my new motor installed, drives like its brand new :D
so tempted to get a cam to take advantage of the ported and polished head

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah flavs. this is what the fella who was tuning my comp. apparently the timing needs to be retarded to get more power from it. and he suggested adjustable timing gears to fix the prob.

most prob be getting something sorted out in a little while. vut for now, this thing seems to be flying compared to when iy was running on 6 psi. accelerates so much harder. the power bug bites HARD when it bites :D:D

·
Registered
589 Posts
Originally posted by wired_one
[body]
some freak. did you mean that engine mounts need to be modified to cope with extra torque? i gave a broken gearbox mount and am wondering how it hapeened?
[/body]
Yep, mine are broken from the extra torque, Scrud had the same problem. The stock mounts are metal with rubber dampeners (SP?), his were cracked and out of shape when he fixed em, mine are probably similar.

My to get list gets bigger by the day, i thought it would end once i had the turbo on, oh well :)

Edit - we should all update this thread: http://www.hyundaiperformance.com/forums/topic.php?t=49599

[Edited by somefreak on Sep 23, 2004 3:58 PM]

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The reason we put the bigger injectors was to make sure when we put up the boost in the car, there was still enough fuel getting used and to make sure the injectors were not working too hard. at least we know that the engine will be getting enough fuel without too much effort. :D:D:D

and yes the car is intercooled. quite massive for the car, but it works. =]

·
Registered
35 Posts
Cool mate.

If you ever need to do the rest of your fuel system i.e. pump, regulator etcetc Ive got alot of formulas and specs to work out flow requirements etcetc.

Oh, and I highly recommend not getting a Malpassi regulator. Im now using a SX Performance fuel pressure regulator and unlike the Malcrappy it holds fuel pressure on the dot in any condition at all times.

·
Registered
292 Posts
102kw?????? :ermm: how come? havent you done a bit of work to it kissy?

mines pushing out 125kw at the wheels, soon to take it to the drags (hopefully!!!!) this weekend comming up....

good luck on the 1/4

:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts