Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 00 elantra and am having an OBX header put on this weekend. The guy who is doing it is a Honda tech, but we're still friends.:D I'm just wondering where th O2 sensors are going to go since there are two of them on the car and only one bung in the header. If anyone has done this before (there should be plenty) please post and give me some direction.

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
Depends on where the O2 bung is on the header and how much work you want to do. If it's in one of the primaries then you'll want to add a second one in or even after the downpipe. If it's on the downpipe you'll want to either add one to one of the primaries or right at the collector depending on the length of the primaries.

You'll probably get a CEL without a CAT but if you care you could try getting a "CEL Eliminator" from ArkSpeedRacing:
GB: CEL Eliminator Spacer !! $ 19.00 + 7.00S/H - NewTiburon.com Forums

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is it possible to remove the first sensor altogether, or combine the wiring into the second one somehow? I know the 98's run like that(single cat, single sensor). Can I adapt that system to my car? Then, what about the ecm? Will that need to be re-mapped? I don't have easy access to the tools needed to make a hole in the header then weld a bung in.... so many questions over what seemed an easy enough project to begin with...(buy a header, bolt it on)

·
Registered
8 Posts
HyundaiNewb said:
I have an 00 elantra and am having an OBX header put on this weekend. The guy who is doing it is a Honda tech, but we're still friends.:D I'm just wondering where th O2 sensors are going to go since there are two of them on the car and only one bung in the header. If anyone has done this before (there should be plenty) please post and give me some direction.

Shark racing has a set of hearder that only has on hole for the O2 sensor. They claim you will have to drill the hole for the other one. I would say line it up with your old hearders and try to match it to the best of your abilities.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts