Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I'm tired of being razzed by people on on forums for asking about tuning my accent. So my question...

I just purchased a 2001 accent Gs (automatic) and what I want to know is, what is the first thing I should do to make it perform better.

Thanks.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I would go the suspension and tire route first. These cars really handle well when done up a little. Save up for a turbo. Its too bad you have an automatic....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for your quick reply. Suspension and tires i'll do. I didn't have time to learn a manual so I purchased an automatic. Its ok. What kind of suspension and tired do you recommend? Then after that beside a turbo, what the enxt time I should do?

·
Registered
23 Posts
see if you can find an intake, short ram or cold air but start with the suspension coilovers or springs with struts get the suspension complet first before moving on

·
Registered
539 Posts
Suspension wise this is my setup:

17" G-Racing Kuji rims with 205/40/17 Kumho 712 tires <---CRAP!
Lowered 2" with B&G springs
Koni yellow sport shocks cranked to their firmest settings
Ingalls camber kit set to -1 degrees at all four corners
PSC front and rear swaybars <---changing back to stock front
Custom made front and rear strut bars
Full Poly Urethane suspension bushing kit

You should probably look for a 15" rims if you want performance, I can get away with 17's because I have a 2.0L tiburon motor in my accent:shocked:

·
Registered
313 Posts
Originally posted by BENTLEY
[body]
Suspension wise this is my setup:

17" G-Racing Kuji rims with 205/40/17 Kumho 712 tires <---CRAP!
Lowered 2" with B&G springs
Koni yellow sport shocks cranked to their firmest settings
Ingalls camber kit set to -1 degrees at all four corners
PSC front and rear swaybars <---changing back to stock front
Custom made front and rear strut bars
Full Poly Urethane suspension bushing kit

You should probably look for a 15" rims if you want performance, I can get away with 17's because I have a 2.0L tiburon motor in my accent:shocked:
[/body]
sorry for hi-jack ... why are you changing the front back to stock? just curious, i'm planning on purchasing the PSC sway bars, front and rear, pretty soon. :surprised:

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
First you should learn how to drive a stick, then trade in the car for one with a 5spd.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts