Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just hot i 07 tiburon se. not really familiar with this type of car. what kind of performance upgrades besides cold air intake would be recommended?

·
Registered
687 Posts
Honestly...

For basic bolt-ons, the Tiburon's dont really have a big aftermarket base. There are always the basic intake, headers and exhaust... But other than that you're fairly limited.

If you are willing to go forced induction, there are a couple good turbo and supercharger kits. They will give you great numbers, and are pretty nifty, but they are decently expensive.

What are your goals for the car? What can and what can't you do w/your warrenty?

Howie~

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well actually i need to ask about, that but i honestly wanted my car to have around 250 hp, you know to have just enough power to get by. by the way is there no downpipe on the tiburon cuz you didn't mention that and i cant find them online?

·
Registered
687 Posts
Downpipes are associated with turbos... It's the pipe that comes from the hotside to the turbo and merges into the exhaust. Since your car is N/A, you will not have one and prolly won't need one, but if you want to buy a downpipe, you can *^^*

For 250 bhp and keeping it at a reliable 250, you should get a Supercharger kit. They are more reliable and less finicky than a Turbocharger but won't have the potential gains like the Turbo has because it does rob hp to make hp.

Howie~

·
Registered
687 Posts
LoL...

Post all the questions you can so you aren't lost later. It really does help if you're a newbie to the car scene. Most of us are fairly nice, and we dont bite... Cept for Jeb, I thinik... ... ...

The first car I got, 97 Tiburon FX was a money pit because I wasted a lot of money in stupid upgrades that weren't needed nor used to any bit of their full potential.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so pretty much to play it safe just get a cold air intake, header, and exhaust?
by the way doesn't each of these produce 10 hp each?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts