Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I am well aware that the Sante Fe is a unibody and understand it wasn't "'meant" to be an offroad machine, but neither was an Elantra "meant" to be used for racing.

My point being, the more outrageous things we do to or with our Hyundai's(within reason), the more we can prove they are capable vehicles. I don't know about you, but its terribly rewarding to me that a guy who spends 30+ thousand on some gigantic truck, needs to get pulled out by me. Its that look of . . . I just got rescued by a Hyundai!

Anyway, your point is taken and if you watch the video, I'm not doing anything all that crazy.

By the way, she's got over 100,000 miles on her, and knock on would, not a single thing wrong with her except minor repair in progress to driver's side power window.

I've had a tune-up, changed the timing belt, transmission & coolant flush, changed diff. fluid, and had brakes done. Synthetic oil has been used since 10-12K or so.

Soon to be done,

Change Differential Fluid
New Shocks, Struts

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
and things break.. like the clutch that has mine parked at the moment. At least mine made it past 50k being beaten on.. alot go out under 25k. I know someone who all but destroyed a Saturn VUE (spelling.. something like that) trying to follow a 4X4 chevy thru some mud/woods. That’s why I said something. Its a matter of the structure being able to take the torqueing from bouncing over stuff and the suspension being able to safly handle it etc. Im not even going to bring up the drivetrain (Congrads on it holding up, a credit to hyundai engineering) That isn't an issue with drag racing a slightly modded elantra. Over half of the SUVs made today are not close to being made for off road usage... probably because 95% of those that are made to see mud never see anything worse that some loose gravel in construction zones. :dead:

Edit: I do like the way those driving lights look ;):

[Edited by WytchDctr on Feb 13, 2006 9:38 PM]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts