Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
looks nice and all but one realy important questionand and a safety one too
wat the heck is the wire conncected to ur headlight switch, i mean if that gets wet isnt there a good chance of u getin shocked, i mean u have a live wire runing right next 2 ur hand, i mean its pimp my ride alover again.......
http://www.mikekemper.com/ul/files/tak82/100_0205.JPG

[Edited by Red_AGT on Oct 30, 2005 1:47 PM]

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, i'm not really skilled at finding the ideal place to drill behind the firewall and the Connector's to the switch have been covered with shrink wrap.

I'm gonna work on that soon by pulling the panel beneath the steering wheel and drill a hole

I'ma also gonna get one of thoses panel's with a coinbox because the LC's major weakness is storgae capacity.

·
Registered
447 Posts
i know wat u mean, tats prolly why i havent installed my foglights, i havent got enoguh "skill" or "courage" to cut into the dash and put aswitch for the lights, also wat u mean by coin box panels? and storage is a major issue for me too, well the sub and box adds another challege

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
another question... why didn't you put the foglights in the foglight holes? :paranoid:

other than that, it's a nice starting point. what are your future plans?

and... i may be stupid, but is that a beta motor in there? if so... awesome. 8D

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by jerkitt
[body]
another question... why didn't you put the foglights in the foglight holes? :paranoid:

other than that, it's a nice starting point. what are your future plans?

and... i may be stupid, but is that a beta motor in there? if so... awesome. 8D
[/body]

well, the reason why i can put the foglight's in there is that there's no flat surface to mount the bracket on..and the wiring harness isn't wide enough to do such a thing,

as for the second question...No,It aint' a beta..it's the 1.6L G4ED Alpha.

my engine has a plastic head, and the beata has a head that's metal and the edge's are rounder if you know what i mean

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well, my next upgrade will be a UR Pully from Unorthodox racing..i'm assuming that they only made it for the 1.5L that's used in the Base model X3 and base model LC..am i right so far?

i am aware that it wil fit the 1.6L G4ED But the belt is the problem...
since my car has no a/c which belt wil be the best for me?
No LINKS Please....i just need a straightforwrd answer.

...I'm getting the pully from Ube..say's he bought the one from skierd..
man stop passing around and install it damn it:lol:

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Hey..i just got a groundwire kit and want to know what difference if any you felt after you installed it? I installed mine, but dont know if it made any difference..

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it's made a difference..the rear window defroster which makes the gauge's dim a teenie bit
is gone and the idle's verry smooth..i noted that often started my starter cause i didn't hear anything or felt anything..

i recently added some white interior neons on the car and Today..the UR Pulley has been installed by Me..

well, i ran into an black X3 Hatch today near Lee Highway near the mannassas battlefield park that had a custom exhuast and some aftermarket rimns..pretty sure he had 195's on it...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Sweet start, consider changing the steering wheel cover. It looks like a cover your grandpa would have on his Buick. Keep at it.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
my next mod is evo-fusion exhaust..that is if they ever show us pic's..
near end of november??..sound's perect for a brtihday present..my B-day is the 28th..

BTW:i got kindof shicked..after installing my pulley..i borrowed my frine'ds g-tech and did a few run's....

0-60 times after pulley install
1:11.9..bad launch..4000 RPM
2:10.7..5000RPM clutch drop
3:10.2..shifting on 5500 RPM's
4:9.1 ...droppping at 5800RPM

i'm confident that with stock tires..it'll pick up faster...
:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts