Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently fixed a major electrical problem with my accent that prevented the engine from starting, Now I have it where it will fire up but only for a few seconds then it dies. I replaced the plug wires, plugs, fuel filter, and countless sensors that I pulled off a spare motor I have sitting around that I know to be in working order. Basically what it does is I turn the key to on, hear the fuel pump wirr and then go to start it, it fires up almost immediately and then after a few seconds stalls out and shuts off, If i go to give it gas it will rev up once in awhile and then die, it almost feels like when I rev it though it does not want to do that. Im not entirely sure what to look at next; fuel pump or fuel pressure regulator? Im pretty sure my o2 sensors are good and not entirely sure about the MAF sensor but it worked fine before my original problem.

Oh and I added fresh gas but im thinking maybe its possible the engine is still burning off old gas? any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
That sounds like the fuel pump is priming the system then not turning on to keep the engine running to me. Maybe another wiring issue?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok strange new problem with this car now, everything is working great (minus the busted maf sensor which i am waiting on the replacement) except now a wierd wiring issue im assuming has come up. When i turn on my left turn signal while the car is running it blinks really fast and my dash lights blink with it, the right turn signal does not do this at all. when the car is off both work without ne problems. now when the head lights are turned on and i switch on the turn signal it goes really slow and my engine starts to stall out (possibly because the maf sensor is currently unhooked?) even with just the headlights on and the blinker off the left green arrow in my cluster stays constantly lit, but very dim. could someone tell me if this is a problem with maybe a relay somewhere or is this simply a wiring short somewhere? any ideas will be greatly appreciated!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts