Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got ride of the Accent today and got a 05 SRT-4 with 34 miles. Going to level it out, take the wing off and grab some 18" black wheels to throw on there. Now gotta break this thing in properly and resist the urge to boost.

:D

[Edited by DDAccent01 on Jan 25, 2006 8:42 PM]

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
oooh... nice tires :D

i'd definitely lower that before i put rims on it... but black 18's would look awesome on that... and good call on the spoiler

(say... that I/C looks familiar... *looks across room at identical I/C* :evil: )

nice find, and good luck with it 8D

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
looks perdy sexay.. i was gonna get an srt4 in black, black wheels, etc.. if you need any srt-4 ideas, let me know, the AZ part of my car club has some BADASS srt-4s including the worlds fastest stage III srt-4..

i hate how they put those tires on srt-4.. i had em on my tib for long time, and never saw em now they come stock on srt4s :( lol there awesome tires tho.. :)

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
neato, odn't like the color but it should be cheaper now that they're discontinued.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ordered the Mopar stage 1 spring package, 25mm lower ride. A short throw shifter and a Mopar air filter. Got the extended warranty so I'm going to be real careful on my choice of performance mods.

Checked out wheels at discount, didn't have anything I liked so I'm going to look around tonight on the web.

Dealership is hooking me up with a $100 tint job and a nice security system for both my wife's xterra and the srt.

It's so nice to be able to just leave tailgaters in the dust or get out of a crowd of moron drivers with just a nudge of the throttle. I don't care what anyone says, the stock exhaust sounds near perfect.

Almost 200 miles on it so far.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
On the color....it was my 3rd choice. I orginally wanted silver but there weren't any left in either Arizona or New Mexico. I then wanted black which they did have on the lot but I live on a gravel road and it would never look clean. So Flame red it was, I think it will look much better with the black rims and lower stance. The wing......I'm still debating. One reason, I was just going to swap with a regular neon but flame red isn't available except on the srt. Second reason, got to see how much the body work would be to get the 4 holes filled and painted. See if it's worth the cost. Otherwise I could go with a CF trunk lid.....

·
Registered
141 Posts
Those are REALLY nice tires. I have a set on my Tib. They're amazing in the rain.

Just don't be burning them up too much. They're pretty pricey.

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
Weird question, do you have power windows in the back?

·
Banned
5,451 Posts
Very nice car. Dont see very many in that color. X)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Update

I just installed the AEM CAI, Boomba BOV, LED tails, Optima Red top and Mopar STS. Also got a new system installed with Infinity Cappas in the front doors and rear deck.

Have Goldline springs, trunk plugs(going to lose the wing) and Motegi RT-5(black) on order.

BOV

EDIT: Have a GReddy catch can but need to go get a brass T-fitting.

[Edited by DDAccent01 on Feb 13, 2006 4:45 PM]

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by 03-Accent-03
[body]
Weird question, do you have power windows in the back?
[/body]
Nope, manual.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
New wheels!!!! :drive:

No wing

Gauges, from the outside.

Goldline springs, rear only.

[Edited by DDAccent01 on Feb 21, 2006 8:16 PM]

[Edited by DDAccent01 on Feb 21, 2006 8:17 PM]

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Amazing job...that's the first truly sexy SRT-4 I've ever seen.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks guys.

Took some better daylight pics today after I ran it through the car wash.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts