1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
swapping them for cross drilled and slotted rotors and getting carbon pads makes a big difference. I did mine a long time ago. Dannythechicano and i were the test cars for the Rotoworks ones. Been great for me no problems so far. You can swap rotors and pads for about $150 and hour or two of time. If you need them i still have the HP.com install pics of the rotor swap and pad switch that danny and i did years ago when we first got the rotors. Let me know if ya need em!

·
Registered
71 Posts
ive got a set of these rotors not yet fitted them but look very nice so should make the brake much better, ive already got drilled and slotted on my 2001 accent with better pad and they made such a differnce but for some reason the discs have got some bad scores round them hence replacing then with hese better ones,

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Pads make the biggest difference with stock sized rotors. Slotted and drilled rotors are mostly for show, if you're actually racing on them you'll go through rotors so often that it doesn't make sense to use them $$ wise. I never noticed a difference with slotted rotors on any of my cars.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
skierd said:
Pads make the biggest difference with stock sized rotors. Slotted and drilled rotors are mostly for show, if you're actually racing on them you'll go through rotors so often that it doesn't make sense to use them $$ wise. I never noticed a difference with slotted rotors on any of my cars.
alright, makes sense. but the rotors i saw on ebay...they aren't that much, so i was thinking id go with them. what do you guys think about those specific ones. and go slotted/drilled/or slotted/drilled. also, what pads do you recommend. should i use the raybestos or get some other ones? im not really hardcore racing, id just like my braking to be better.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bullitt said:
if there is an available EBC Brake Pad upgrade for your car, this will greatly improve braking performance. preferrably get the 'Green Stuff' pads
yahh i saw those..but they're kinda expensive. how long do they last? and are they really necessary?

·
Registered
687 Posts
Like the guys said...

Rotors really don't matter much, the pads are the things that make the biggest difference. Especially since you aren't using your car for much more than a D/D, you wouldn't need much more than just slotted rotors if you got anything at all. It's a little noticable, but if there is a change you feel, it's usually just from the pads.

With pads, you usually buy what you get. Skimp out, and you might not be satisfied. Settle up with the EBC Green Stuff cause the're great pads. If you search for another post a little while ago, it shows a lot of recommendations for great pads.

Howie~

·
Registered
48 Posts
Veritas,

yeah I know they're kinda expensive... but thats the only brand of pads i have ever tried (installed on my friend's car) and it really did improve the braking distance.. I can only imagine how his car's braking would improve if he also bought a rear set of pads (he only had EBCs on front, stock pads on rear)..

his pads have been on for about 1 and a half years now, and he's been to thru track sessions and 'touge runs' a couple of times already... so we could only assume that the pads last at least as long as original pads(if the original pads are only used on the street). the plus side here is that the EBCs have lasted thru track and 'touge' sessions... the stock pads tend to wear out quickly on tracks (or so I have heard)

·
Registered
392 Posts
I've got some Brembo stock-sized rotors that aren't slotted or drilled with EBC green stuff pads up front. Once you get the glaze off the pads that thing stops on a dime. Made a noticeable difference...little more brake dust but I could hardly care with the stopping performance.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Drilled slotted rotors really only prevent the brakes from heating up. So unless you're racing on the track it won't make a HUGE difference. It's the Pads that you want to spend the money on. But for 65$ thats pretty good. If you look at DRT website looks reputable enough.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok cool, so basically its worth it for the pads but not so much for the rotors. thanks guys.

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
I personally use Hawk HPS or HP+ if it were mine, and if they were available for the accent. The KVR's I had were pretty decent though. Never like the feel of EBC's.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts