Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought a 2003 Santa Fe. I have a couple questions. My girlfriend has the 3.5 same year as mine. My engine feels pretty much the same as hers but the carfax says mine is the 2.7. is there anywhere i can look on the car to find out exactly what it is? the dealer also told me it was the 3.5. im having a hard time beleiving this. the other question is about the timing chain. I've heard i have to replace this at 60,000 miles. is this correct? if so, how much should i expect to spend? is there anyting else i should know about the vehicle? so far i really enjoy the ride. i traded my 93 toyota pickup 4x4 in for this and its like night and day.

thanks for all the help.

aaron

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hyundai VIN Decoder:
http://www.hyundai.auto.ru/vin.pdf

...and yes, the timing belt will need to be replaced every 60,000 miles. If it breaks, you'll damage the motor... (pistons hitting valves = no fun)

thanks for letting me know that. do yo uknow how much it costs to get the timing belt done?

btw.. im down here in Cinci. not too far from you! i like your sig at the bottom.. Ohio drivers cant drive for crap....

thanks again.

aaron

1 - 3 of 3 Posts