Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New SPEC stage 2 clutch!!!! Update

So i bought my new clutch yesterday for 321.08. Spec Clutch Kit Stage 2 - Hyundai Accent 1995 - 2001 (1.5L) Cant wait until it gets here. Right now i am pulling out the tranny and going to yank off the flywheel and get that bad boy resurfaced.
Also I am in the process of putting on a new timing belt and rebuilding a sabb t25 turbo.
Yea lots of fun stuff to do.
The clutch should be in, in about a week. Its coming from Ca. shouldn't take that long.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
i'm using spec also..they're good quality clutches at reasonable price's and one attribute they have is it give's a stock clutch feel, unlike some companies

·
Registered
817 Posts
It's little bit harsh to drive in heavy traffic with my 6-puck plate but it's fairly ok compared to fact it can hold 600nm torque. You just hope the traffic would go faster in front of you because you find yourself always at the rear of some other car and you have to brake avoid collision. the scoupe is so light to get up at this point.

Even my girlfriend can drive it and says my car is fast..

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
whats 333nm if foot lbs? good hp number too.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So I installed the clutch yesterday. Today I dove it to work and I looked under my car to check for leaks. What do I see, dripping from my freshly resurfaced fly wheel. 5-30 motor oil! Dam rear main seal still messed up. I have to go and tear it all back apart. It was driving so smooth, I don’t know if it was the clutch or the mt-90 I put in. Hopeful i should be able to drain the mt90 and motor oil in a clean container to save. That’s about 50 bucks worth of savings. Dam this sucks so bad too. I was so excited to finally get started on my turbo project, but I cant until this is fixed and out of my way. I hate rear main seals……

Ohhh here is a pic of the clutch before going in..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts