Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I am usually quite the honda man, but I could pass this up when I was able to get a hoild of it. It's a 1999 Tiburon, with 130,000 Standard, Fully Loaded. I'm quite impressed with it, but the only problem is, I bought the car with a exhaust leak, and it's at the flex pipe. When it comes to hunting computer parts, Car audio parts, it's easy, but I have yet to establish a true source for mechanical parts. I don't need anything fancy, but something with good quality, and some what cheap would be great. Just the stock flex pipe, not high flow or anything. Thank you in advance. Oh one more quick question, anyone know off the top of their heads whats the amp output on the alternator? Thanks a lot guys, look forward to this forum more.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I would just get a universal flex pipe piece from a auto parts store and then have a garage weld it in for you it wont cost much. Thats what i did when my flex pipe went on my 2003 tib and it only cost $70 compared to $780.00 to replace the whole flex pipe section cause the second cat was with it. If im correct your altanator is a 80 amp.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ya mine was a 8 to 10 inch in length with a 2 inch diameter. But if its too long they will cut it back to fit. I think your exhaust diameter is an inch and three quarters but not totally sure. I would get the 2 inch to be on the safe side cause you dont want to go too small.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info bro, but I believe I found a good fix. I was searching E-bay and cam accross some cat-back exhaust, and headers with the flex pipe on it as well. All said and done tax included less then 500 shipped. Not a bad deal, considering stock exhaust is buzz kill. Thank you though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts