Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new.

I'm 35 and I have a great job. I get to sell performance parts and accessories to speed shops and auto part stores all across the US. Being wholesale, I only sell to businesses. I love the job and it has made me plenty of friends in the aftermarket industry.

Why am I here? Well, I have recently aquired a 1997 Tiburon Sport. Well, I aquired a fiance and she came with the car.

The car has been sitting for 5 years and I'm trying to get it back up and driving. I've done the brakes and put new tires on her. I've cleaned it up the best I could and now I need to get her running again... which is proving to be no easy feat.

My problem is I'm a hot rodder. I know a little about computers... but as wonderful as the late model cars are... I havent a clue. Give me a carburetor and I can rebuild it... tell me to look for a TPS and I'm lost. :(

So I'm going to have to rely on some good advice from the experts in order to get Missy running. (Missy is what my fiance named her car)

Ironic... because when it first starts... it has a bad miss... :D

That is my intro... and as soon as I can figure out where to post questions pertaining to Missy, I will.

Mike

·
Registered
860 Posts
You can also ask questions in the RD specific forum on these boards...they might be able to help as well...I have a 97 FX Tib...but even I need help so I may or may not be able to help you but I can always try too!! Good luck!!:D

·
Registered
860 Posts
Missythetib said:
ok, I'll write a carefully-worded story and make a post. I swear this car hates me... :(
thats so funny cuz I think the same thing sometimes bout my Tib!! LOL!!:D

But yes...some more details would help us out alot!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
busy_squirrel said:
Welcome noob!:)

There is ALOT of information on this site. And although the search function here is not very interesting, it will point you to plenty of info.
I've searched and printed out about 10 posts so far... but nothing that has helped me with my specific problem. I do have a stack of papers here. I'm running into problems of broken links and missing photos. But I'll have this problem licked soon enough!

Here is my issue...

http://www.hyundaiperformance.com/forums/rd-tiburon/80019-car-sat-5-years-runs-bad.html

1 - 8 of 8 Posts