Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 5-speed 2001 accent L hatch. The tranny and/or clutch is starting to act up (when accelerating, 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd grinds a little plus sometimes hard getting smoothly into reverse-doesnt happen everytime, and when in neutral stopped at a light with my foot off the clutch the tranny makes a quiet but weird noise and dissappears when i step on the clutch) no idea what the prob is but some ppl say the syncros others say clutch needs adjustment...anyways I can get my hands on a 2001 wrecked tiburon 5 speed for cheap (engine and tranny r fine with only 53k mi.) I was reading about this swap and previously owning a 99 tibby, I would love to have that power back in this accent.
Now if I got the engine and tranny from the tibby, exactly what other parts am I gonna need to buy that I cant get out of this 01 tibby?? I think the radiator is shot and I dont know about the AC, alt, belts etc...
how many hrs would it take for me and some friends OR a shop to do for me?
How much extra would it cost me, after getting the engine and tranny, in parts and labor total?
Basically I hav almost no knowledge in doing the transplant, and wanna kno if its gonna be worth the cost of doing the swap or getting my crappy 1.5 tranny rebuilt only to break again? Please any info would be greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
Before we get into the Beta swap issue try to drain your tranny and refill it with Redline MT-90 lube. It fixes amazing Hyundai tranny problems. Although it sounds like maybe your throwout bearing is going out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts