Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all, me and a buddy came up on a clean 05 V6 tiburon 5 speed manual trans model. we dont really play with imports at all, but we want to start with this car.

my question to you all is, what are some of the most effective mods for this thing?? i dont want to go forced induction. i want to stay N/A for a while. i know about cold air intakes and headers and pulleys and all that, but whats a good plan to get this thing going faster on a reasonable budget.

and one additional thing, do i need to re-tune the engine computer to take full advantage of the mods i do? if so, how do i go about doing so? piggy back unit? stand-alone??

so many questions... thanks for the help.

·
Registered
241 Posts
i know about cold air intakes and headers and pulleys and all that, but whats a good plan to get this thing going faster on a reasonable budget.
^^^ I think you just answered your own question. Those are a good start. Add a cat-back exhaust too.

and one additional thing, do i need to re-tune the engine computer to take full advantage of the mods i do? if so, how do i go about doing so? piggy back unit? stand-alone??
Most people use a piggy-back unit called the Mafterburner.
Next Generation Motorsports

While this is a good generic Hyundai site, you might want to also join NewTiburon.com for my Tiburon-specific info.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts