Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok on my 00 accent i replaced the tranny used clutch i had(had like less than 1k miles on it) but now i start the car it will start up normal then a few seconds or if you step on the gas it just shakes rpms go low and it dies...i have gotten it to stay idling but it takes like 10 times of dieing to start it...and also when it does idle i try to drive it i can go through 1-3 no problem but it acts like no power at 4-5 gears...can someone explain whats wrong? i got a cel says misfire cylinders 1,4 and injector malfunction 1,4 i think

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
The codes mean the engine is having some issues. If an injector and coil pack are bad, it will do what you are talking about.

·
Registered
499 Posts
It sounds like you lost some sort of connection when you did the swap. Check all of the FI connectors, the plug wires and the coil connector. Look for air large leaks while your at it.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
finally i got it fixed...i guess when i had changed the coils one time one of the coils that got sent to me was numbered wrong so i just kinda guessed and finally it was good....then it was still dying and having idling problems i took off maf sensor and it stopped doing it so i guess ill just leave it unplugged cuz it cost to much to replace
now on to fixing my exhaust,tires,windshield,bumper...FACK

1 - 4 of 4 Posts