Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all Mery Christmas! First time post, I own a 96 Elantra gave the kid a new deck and speakers after completeing the install no sound came from the speakers. I hooked everything up outside the car works fine.looked at the owners manual read about the anti theft system,as hard as I try I can not enter a code the new deck will not ask for one. Should I just run new wireing? Can you bypass this system? Is this code re-setable? HOW? Is it some kind of relay? Can someone with knowlage help a guy out?......Walt

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
If its a stock hyundai deck then they can look up the code at the dealership if you give them the serial # on the back of the deck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DREROB thanks for your reply,the deck I removed was the stock deck,the new one is a Pioneer. How do I enter a code if the new deck display dont ask for one? Is the anti theft system stopping the new deck through the stock wireing harness? I am upgrading from cassette to cd. The player and speakers work fine outside the car,I would like to use the wires that are allready there instead of running new ones, but when I hook everthing up inside the car I get no sound , Is this due to the anti theft system? How do I unlock it?..........Thanks again Walt

1 - 3 of 3 Posts