Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey im looking for a CAI, headers, chrome tail lights, and a exaust system for my 01 accent GL 1.6 (auto). Possibly putting a turbo in after major mofications, but if there is anyone out there who is selling these products (new) or if there is a website that i could go to then please post it on here. Thank you

·
Registered
466 Posts
Use search. This is covered quite a few times. Look in the newbie forum too. lots of information there.

·
Registered
218 Posts
For your application here is what you can do: short ram intake because of the auto-transmission, headers, and exhaust system. If you want springs you can get spring, body kit, but no tail lights are available for the lc 4-door. Turbo kit are cheaper to make then buy for the alpha motor, Im talking from experience

·
Registered
311 Posts
I'd look at a performance chip,same power increase(10kw dyno proven) and similar $$$ without the annoying drone of a big exhaust on an auto! Keeps your warranty too (if any).Just get a nice tip/can to dress it up =D

·
Registered
281 Posts
chips are a total joke. and i dont know, how many auto owners have turbos on the forums? hyundai automatics are pure garbage and i wouldent trust one further then i could throw it, and thats stock. on a turbo its gonna be teh suck X10.

·
Registered
30 Posts
If you plan on adding a turbo kit in the future, then it would be a complete waste of money to buy a header.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have an auto... I just love to neutral drop it... I'm gunna get a manual swap soon (I hope)...

·
Registered
281 Posts
yeah... doing neutral drops your gonna have to get a manual... and probably ALOT sooner then you think....

·
Registered
218 Posts
There is nothing wrong with auto transmissions and a turbo kit. I have a lc2 with a turbo kit (custom built) and auto, couldnt help that though previous owner bought the car for his wife. She didnt know how to drive stick, so i lucked out to a degree. Purchased the car with 1000 miles pampered with upgrades from the factory like carbon fiber kit, gt appearance package, mud flaps, and I added rims, turbo and ect.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I dont do it everyday, but I dont care I want a different trans.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts