Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to Hyundai but not new to cars. I need engine and tranny info. Such as what enine I have tranny and such. I want to do some reserch before i do anything.:smoking:

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
annnd you have a 05 right?

that means you got the alfa. one thinks... i dont know accents. Lantra is my specailty.

But welcome to HP.com, if nobodys said so yet.

What are you planning on doing to the car?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dunno, still got to do reserch to find out whats available for what I got. I think I will do N/A with this car. May use it for some SCCA stuff. I am still havent contacted local chapter yet. By the way yes it is a 05 hatch, base as hell.

·
Registered
4,351 Posts

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Welcome to Hp! Yeah the beta swap is the way to go. It was the best move I made and my accent is still running strong. You have the 05 1.6L DOHC 5-speed?

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
The 1.6 is a dohc, it's the 1.5 that is sohc

·
Registered
45 Posts
I beg to differ according to all info I've found I have a 1.5L DOHC... I could be wrong though. Then again according to carfax I have a 1.5L SOHC but I can look at my engine and see DOHC staring me in the face.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
It depends on if you got an LC or X and if you have an american car or not. Because of the united states harsh emissions regulations (especially killa cali) the engine is up sized to the 1.6 to make up for the emissions crap robbin power. And yes the 1.6L is DOHC.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Originally posted by Sanguinius
[body]
I beg to differ according to all info I've found I have a 1.5L DOHC... I could be wrong though. Then again according to carfax I have a 1.5L SOHC but I can look at my engine and see DOHC staring me in the face.
[/body]
You have the one exception to the rule, they had 1.5 dohc for the 97 Accents

·
Registered
91 Posts
well in australia x2 1.5s were sohc, the early model x3's were sohc and the late models were dohc and lc onwards is dohc

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm still trying to figure out EXACTLY what the x3 x2 LC lc2 and all that exactly IS.... I'm not sure exactly WHAT I have anymore. I know it's a COMPLETE anomoly according to ALL paperwork I have at the moment. The paperwork from Carfax says it's a 1.5L SOHC 12V. But the sides of the car have the DOHC 16V stickers on them and the plug wire cover says DOHC 16V. The hood says the engine family is VHY1.5VGFFK So it's obviously a 1.5. I duno what I have anymore it's all a mass of confusion to me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts