Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help on were to start modifying my tiburon. Websites on how I can do it as well as parts. I need help because I know near to nothing on modifying.

·
Registered
83 Posts
This is a great site for learning about your car. I would suggest 4 things to you:

1. Utilize the search feature of this forum. The forum has been here for a long time and there is a massive amount of information archived. As a general rule, whenever you have a specific question, use the search before posting. Answering the same questions over and over tends to get boring and tedious.

2. What is the end result that you want to acheive and how much money to you want to spend?

3. Got to your local book store or Amazon and search for books related to basic modifications. Most books on engines are specific and you won't find one about Hyundai's but the ones on Honda's will be helpful as a base of information. Books on suspension modifications are more general and will be of great benifit to you.

4. Look in to your local SCCA and start attending autocross events. The people involved with the club have a wealth of information and the racing experience is a must for determining the base line performance of your car and for modification testing. www.scca.org

·
Registered
53 Posts
All depends on what you want for your car. Performance or looks.

Performance, Intake headers exhaust. thats a good place to start. Under 1000 too.

Looks. Rims but match it up, dont rice it. Bodykit. But make the kit look nice and paint it to match the car. Dont drive around with it primer color. Thats just bad. NO SPOILER!!! dont get one of the 2 foot high rice spoilers because in most cases those just look horrible, but I know a certain tuner on rdtiburon with a blue car that has a metal spoiler that looks nice..you know who you are.

Sites. This is a good one. RdTiburon.com is good. Yeah.

Goodluck. Post back if you have questions.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
it totally depends on what you're looking for. Performance or Looks. It's best to go with a little of both, however, I'd suggest performance before looks.

Keeping it cheap and simple, I'd start off with a Cold Air Intake(near $200). Check the HyundaiPerformance store for an AEM intake. I'd also suggest upgrading spark plugs ($30) and spark plug wires($50-200). I've got NGK plugs and wires and can't really tell a difference between NGK wires and Magnacor wires (Except price).

Wheels are something that can TOTALLY change the look of a car. Depending on the color of your car, I'd suggest silver. Chrome almost never works well on our cars, and I wouldn't go bigger than 17". Get a decent size tire (215/40/17).

I'd also suggest clear corners from KSpec.com. They really change the look of your car, and cost about $70 or so.

If you want some NICE interior touch ups, check out FlyRyde.com (or hyundai member 'blacktibs') for his interior air vent haloz and headlight angel eye haloz. They're awesome, very reasonably priced, and very professionally made. One of the nicest touch-ups I have to my car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts