Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, Ive been on this site for quite awhile, but in the elantra forms.... I finally sold my elantra and got a 2004 tiburon Gt (tidalwave Blue) stick shift..... just got it 2 days Ago. LOve It.... Anyway. Just wanted to know some good website for aftermarket for this car.... Want to make it my own... anything from turbos to bodykits. Dont worry, im not gunna be one of the annoying newbies.. ik how annoying that was on the elantra forums....

·
Registered
8,316 Posts
Did you get the 4-cyl or the V6?

What kind of parts are you looking for?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got the v6 tiburon ...stick... bought it used with only 9,000 miles on it....ALot more power then my old 99 elantra... anyway

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-04-Tiburon-V6-Cold-Intake-System-w-K-N-Filter-2820_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38634QQitemZ8030721262QQrdZ1

Does this intake look Alright? fitment wise and quality wise... i really dont want to buy an injen or somthing like that for like $200. i dont care about brand name...

·
Registered
305 Posts
Seems alright to me. I bought my CAI on Ebay. It works great for me. You will probably have to Cut the hole to get the tubing into the mud flap thing. It's no big, easy install, just a pain with all the screws+covers. Oh yeah and I had to pull the whole stock Intake system out from the mudflap, if you need help installing, just ask or look for a write-up.

·
Registered
8,316 Posts
Originally posted by KP057
[body]
I got the v6 tiburon ...stick... bought it used with only 9,000 miles on it....ALot more power then my old 99 elantra... anyway

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-04-Tiburon-V6-Cold-Intake-System-w-K-N-Filter-2820_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38634QQitemZ8030721262QQrdZ1

Does this intake look Alright? fitment wise and quality wise... i really dont want to buy an injen or somthing like that for like $200. i dont care about brand name...
[/body]
The main difference between an ebay intake and a name-brand intake (other than one ripping the other off, therefore having no R&D costs) is the connectors. With the ebay connectors you'll get cheap rubber connectors that will dry out and need to be replaced, usually within a year. Name brand intakes use much better silicone connectors that last a whole lot longer.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright... well where would i find a write Up? i like this ebay deal cause it comes with a k&N filter .

·
Registered
140 Posts
It'll cost most of 50 to go get the K&N filter at an auto shop. So the price on that seems right. The picture isn't what A CAI looks like to fit in the TIB. Looks more like an SRI. Maybe its just a generic photo?
BTW, You can get the AEM SRI for around $90. You'll get most of the HP increase and its alot easier to install, and clean. And no big puddle worries. Personally , I think most of the HP increase is from getting rid of the big ugly factory air box and resonator.

I have the AEM CAI installed now for 2 years. It's great. Sounds great, and was the Most HP for the Buck I have done to my car.
But, If I was to do it over, Probably I would save the $100 and get the SRI instead.
http://www.coximport.com/prod/22-521

Link to what I'm Talking about, If you search more you can prob find it cheaper8D

[Edited by billg401 on Jan 16, 2006 7:25 PM]

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-05-TIBURON-V6-LEGAL-CP-COLD-AIR-INTAKE-W-K-N-FILTER_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38634QQitemZ8029730424QQrdZ1

What about that one? little more pricey and look like a good deal? what do u guys think.....

·
Registered
140 Posts
looks like a good replica of the Aem. with a good k&N filter. And that picture looks like the actual one that would fit. Just doesn't have the Brand name slapped all over it or come with the stickers and license plate holder.
BTW I have AEM stickers and a license plate holder for sale.. Asking about $100 for em.

:D

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
About that intake....

http://orca.st.usm.edu/~jmneal/tiburon/cai.jpg

see how in that picture theres a sensor of some kind in the middle of the 2 pieces of intake.... anyway if i get that intake from ebay... will there any fitment problem involving the middle sensor? or will it all fit together

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have the AEM. It all worked out perfectly for me. If they designed it right, I would hope it would fit. The AEM has two silicon reinforced soft connectors. Very strong and a very tight fit. That looks like rubber connectors around the MAF sensor in the photo. Probably part of what makes it less expensive. Again though, I bought my car new, and I wasn't going to cheap out and not get a good brand with a well respected reputation. That was 2 12 years ago and no problems with the intake yet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts