Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2003 accent. The car would not start after sitting in the driveway. The fuel pump is not getting any power. There is power at the pump relay and the fuel gauge works okay. I swapped out the relay w/the horn relay. Horn worked fine, but the pump didn't. I replaced the pump already. The car has 80k miles.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Wow, it is really dumb for Hyundai to charge a fee to access their repair website. I guess the dealers feel threatened by free repair information. If this is not the case then Hyundai has made a big mistake by trying to generate a few extra dollars of profit at the expense of loyal customers. If free repair info sells 100 extra cars they are way ahead of the game.

·
Registered
2 Posts
G4Fk piston & conrod options,workshop manuals

if anybody wants the files for repairing i have them in pdf format if you want a copy let me know also if anyone is looking to turbocharge/supercharge or otherwise boost their engine as i did my car and cracked pistons here is some info on pistons and rods that i found

pistons
standard 75.5mm bore
compression height 31.3mm
total length 53.3mm
valve cutout depth 3.74mm
pin diameter 18mm

rods
center/center conrod length 131mm
big end diameter 48mm
big end width 23mm
little end width 14.7mm
with that i found the installed length to be 162.3mm

so i looked at conrods and pistons and found

the honda B16 series engine has
conrod c/c 134.7 and little end of 21mm with some bushing the honda D15z1 and z2 with their 27.7mm comp height gives 162.4mm installed height 0.1mm over

the Nissan CA18DET rods are 133mm c/c with 20mm little end the vitara pistons for the d16y8 with their 29.5mm comp height gives an installed height of 162.5mm 0.2mm over and they are turbo rods

all the pistons i have been looking at have 19mm pins and all the rods have 48mm big ends
i am going to look at honing the standard rods out to 19mm as even with the D16z6 pistons i am only 1mm down the bore and standard compression is 10.5to1

so for everyone that is what i have found through looking at lots of piston and rod catalogs i did find one odd one a peugeot 106gti rod but that is 48.66mm in the big end bearings may be a problem maybe someone might want to have a look at some bearing catalogs or send me some links to some of them:):)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts