Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My transmissin came today. It is used and suposedly had 54k miles on it. It looks like it has new cv oil seals and I'm going to pickup a new clutch kit. my question is, is there anything else I should do while it's out of my car? any seals, bushings, ect... tia

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
You could decrease the shift throw. Would be so easy to put in while it is out of the car.
http://www.hyundaiperformance.com/f...iy-short-shifter-mod-instrusctions-under.html

Take out the restrictor plate in the slave cylinder too.
Fill the engine and tranny mounts with urathane or what ever you want.

Always clean the bottom part of the engine and firewall since you could sit where the tranny was.

Not too much to nuch you can do, unless there is a noticible problem such as a leaky seal at the rear crank oil seal.

Make sure you greese the shift fork really well, mine has been squeeky since I put the tranny back in. :mad:

I would get longer bolts for the clutch slave cylinder, when I installed the new clutch with the heavier sprung pressure plate, the tension from clutching ripped the bolts out of the bolt holes on the tranny that kept the slave cylinder on. Come to find out the bolts didn't thread all the way down into the holes because they were too short. So I just got longer bolts and fixed the threads. Slave cylinder popping off tranny while driving isn't fun.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
687 Posts
A clutch kit?

Is this an automatic? If it is, think about buying a high stall torque converter. 3400 stall should be aggressive enough for racing, but still tame enough for the street. Its a biiggg difference. A lot of machine shops can custom make you one.

Howie~

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it is a five speed. Thanks though. I am glad I asked, I didn't even think about replacing the mounts, and I never would have known about taking out the restrictor plate either. What exactly does that do? thanks for replying, I can always count on this site to get thorough replies.:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts