Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made a few upgrades to my 2002 1.5L SOHC Accent. I have a K&N cai, Magnecore wire harness, NGK plugs, Eibach lowering springs 1.25 front and rear, and gr2 struts, 2 1/4" cat back exhaust. and 16inch customs wrapped in Khumo's. Where would be a next place to start working on? I am lookin for headers but am having a hard time finding any, I was also wondering about throttle body and gear ratio's as suggested by some of my friends. Not sure about that either. The guy at the shop keeps telling me to just throw nos on it and finish up the exterior but thats not my style. I eventually want to turbo this thing. I have sat back and watched what some people have done but since I'm not a gearhead I can only stare in awe and wish that my car was half as good as what I've seen from some of you guys. Thank you for any help and guidance? All suggestions welcome.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Ok well you've done good so far and you're not in any "lost" section. If you really do intend to go turbo dont waste time with headers...look for turbos and other components. The exhaust will be ok but you would want a 2.5" or 2.75" exhaust for your turbo...I messed up royaly with that...I'm losing about 5-10 whp because I still have my 2.25" exhaust. Now if you just want to end the hassle and keep it N/A you can go find the headers, and get an ecu reflash and you'll be square.

As for right now. I suggest a couple things first while your deciding what you want because they will help you no matter your setup.

1. A big bore throttle body (BBTB for short)

2. Intake manifold spacer: to help reduce heat soak on those hot days. Hot air can really drop your power down just from that alone. Go to this link..he'll hook you up:

http://www.hyundaiperformance.com/forums/sale-wanted/81137-hyundai-accent-1-6-dohc-themral.html

3. Get your intake manifold bored out...If you want I can sell you my spare. It's bored to match the shark racing BBTB (52.5mm).

All these will help you out now and later whether you stay N/A or go turbo.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok well you've done good so far and you're not in any "lost" section. If you really do intend to go turbo dont waste time with headers...look for turbos and other components. The exhaust will be ok but you would want a 2.5" or 2.75" exhaust for your turbo...I messed up royaly with that...I'm losing about 5-10 whp because I still have my 2.25" exhaust. Now if you just want to end the hassle and keep it N/A you can go find the headers, and get an ecu reflash and you'll be square.

As for right now. I suggest a couple things first while your deciding what you want because they will help you no matter your setup.

1. A big bore throttle body (BBTB for short)

2. Intake manifold spacer: to help reduce heat soak on those hot days. Hot air can really drop your power down just from that alone. Go to this link..he'll hook you up:

http://www.hyundaiperformance.com/forums/sale-wanted/81137-hyundai-accent-1-6-dohc-themral.html

3. Get your intake manifold bored out...If you want I can sell you my spare. It's bored to match the shark racing BBTB (52.5mm).

All these will help you out now and later whether you stay N/A or go turbo.
Thanks. How much custom fitting will it take to match the 1.6L to my 1.5L? and how much would you want for that spare?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts