Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haha, first posting here in a couple months. Ever since I got the car a couple years ago I've had no or relatively no e brake. I'd love to fix this, and my friends and I have tried multiple times. Just don't get it.

Tonight I rotated my tires, and while back there decided to look at it again. The drums hardly move when we pulled the brake. Tried to tighten the line a little bit (from the nut below the handbrake). It actually moved less when we tightened it. Moved a little more when loosened, and now not really at all again. Went out to see if it worked, negative.

Thinking maybe the line got stretched, or went bad. I have no idea.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i am ripping the **** out of the brake, so i'm definately pulling it hard enough. Also, they rear brakes were just redone. And they are drum, not disc.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Then something is either stretched (cables) broken, or needs alignment or adjustment. If you can't figure it out with the help of hyundaitechinfo.com, you might really want to have a good local brake shop have a look.

·
Registered
520 Posts
if the handbrake cable appears to be operating and releasing ok, make sure the cylinders aren't leaking fluid onto the shoes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts