Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
they are not killing off the tiburon has of yet i was just talking to a hyundai rep at the dealership where i worked. because of what every one is saying on the boards they said the tib will just be a inline 4 he did say what the power is goin to be but he said since the coupe will have a v6 and a turbo charged 4 there is no point in making a v6 tib and they said they still dont know if they will make a special tib with a rear wheel combo yet.

·
Banned
5,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This quote was taken directly from John Krafcik at Hyundai Motors:

With the all-new Hyundai Genesis coupe coming down the pipeline in 2009 as a 2010 model, the current Hyundai coupe, the Tiburon, will cease to exist. This isn’t really a shock, since there’s not enough room in the line-up for two coupes. The 2008 model year will be the Tiburon’s last, and it will stop production as the Genesis goes on sale in the spring of 2009.

We can’t say we’ll miss the Tiburon — it’s time has come. During the first quarter of 2008 its sales were down 28.7%.

John Krafcik, product development vice president for Hyundai Motor America, says the Tiburon will be produced until the new rear-wheel-drive Genesis coupe goes on sale next spring, in which then the Tiburon line will be completely shut down.
Granted, there may be plans to bring back an I-4, 5 speed...but more than likely it wont be called a Tiburon. It will end up being another name. Theres a couple of members on Hyundai Aftermarket that are in constant contact with people at HMC (Corporate), so alot of this stuff is coming directly from that source. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts