Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Hyundai Accent 1.5L
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok let me start off by saying I have a good amount of mechanical experience. i have worked on this car alot as well. Now to the point, my 2002 Hyundai accent 1.5L 5 speed hatchback is not getting power to the fuel pump. That being said I have changed the fuel pump and fuel filter. I have change the relays... there are no fuses for the fuel pump. Here's the weird thing, so I took a voltage meter and found that I am getting power to the relay box in all the proper places and proper voltage but when it hits the relay it doesn't go out. So as of right now I have ran a jumper wire straight from the ignition pin of the relay box to the out pin of the fuel pump. That as of now is the only way I can seem to get power to it. I have tried everything I can think of from new relays to following the wires from the pump to under the dash... I am thinking this is either an ecu problem or a ground to the relay box that is not grounded correctly. the vehicle ran fine for a long time then one night it wouldnt start, i push started it (not sure how that worked) then the next morning nothing again. if anyone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. I am not good with wiring....

1 - 1 of 1 Posts