Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I have a 1995 accent 1.5l that only runs on the center 2. first the check engine light is not on other than a few seconds before start up. I have replaced both the coil packs , crank sensor , cam sensor and did a quick check for bad grounds and frayed wires . I checked for spark by using a timing light, and touching the exhaust maniflod the center two have spark and are hot and the other two do not have spark and are cold to touch. The two that are not firing are on the same coil pack. What am
I missing ? Please help

·
Registered
499 Posts
Well it could only be three things.

A bad coil, poor connection from the ECU to the coil or bad ECU. If you have an ohm meter check that there is continuity between all of the pins on the coil pack. You can look up the proper values on Hyundai Service Technology

·
Registered
492 Posts
more than likely its a bad coil

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok heres what ive found so far, at the connection between the coils and the harness i have 14.08 volts on both side of the connection(red and white wires) , would it be safe to assume that the ecu is working ?, and that their is a good connection accross the connection?, also i cleaned three grounds on the top of the engine (pully side by the fuel rail), Now weird part if i pull the plug wire almost all the way out of the coil (1/2to 3/4 inch) spark will jump from coil to wire and then i will have spark to plugs. also if i lay a plug on a grounded spot and plug it in to coil it will spark shortly and the kill motor.

·
Registered
492 Posts
are your wires any good, corrosion on coil either connections or where plug wires go?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no corrosion on coil connections( but its is oil soaked ) or on plug wires. plug wires are 3 mounths old (cheap napa set) but i used a plug wire off a 73 ford 360 to check for bad wires and it worked on the two ive allways had spark(2&3), didnt on 1 &4, unless i held the coil end almost all the way out of coil.
im thinking( hopeing) that its in coil pack $105.00
or plug wires

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
it could be the gasket for the intake.... that's what was wrong with mine and i had the same problem as you

1 - 10 of 10 Posts